Join Teach North Korean Refugees, Justice for North Korea and Transitional Justice Working Group for the largest gathering of volunteers coming together to find ways to help North Koreans and North Korean refugees.
This event is scheduled for March 20 at the National Assembly of South Korea from 1 to 6 pm.
If you have been thinking about getting involved with helping North Korean refugees then here’s your chance. After this workshop is over, you will have a deeper understanding about North Korea, North Korean refugees and to learn about opportunities for you to get directly involved.
* Andrei Lankov, author of The Real North Korea, has confiirmed he will deliver the keynote address. This will be a great chance to hear from and talk with someone who has been studying about North Korea for almost three decades.
* We also have two North Korean refugees scheduled to speak at the workshop, including Eunsun Kim, author of “A Thousand Miles to Freedom.”
* You will also get to hear directly from representatives of several NGOs actively involved with helping North Korean refugees in Seoul and other places around the world.
You can reserve a space here.
Admission is 10,000 won per person, payable at the door.
* * *
Reasons to join the International Volunteers Workshop on March 20, 2016, from 1 to 6 pm?
1) VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: The workshop features some leading NGOs introducing their major activities. So you will have any opportunities to get directly involved with helping organizations helping survivors of, current escapees trying to get to freedom and those still trapped by the NK regime.
2) EXPERT INTRODUCTION: Yes, the one and only Andrei Lankov will be kicking off the event. He was a student in North Korea in the 1980s, the author of several books on North Korea, and as expert as you can get when it comes to analyzing North Korea.
3) NORTH KOREAN REFUGEE SPEAKERS: Two different speakers, including the winner of a recent English speech contest featuring North Korean refugees, will be speaking.
4) NATIONAL ASSEMBLY: The workshop will be held at South Korea’s parliament. There aren’t many English-language events hosted at the parliament.
5) LOCATION IS EASY TO FIND!; Here are the step by step directions.
6) YOU ARE BEING INVITED! As long as you are not a spy or a kooky conspiracy theorist, then you are invited to join us.
7) COOKIES, NK STYLE: A prominent North Korean refugee will be selling cookies at the workshop!
* * *
What are you waiting for, an engraved invitation?^^ Please share this with your social media, let others know about thiis great opportunity to interact with several leading and effective NGOs during the same workshop. Bring a friend with you, this is an international event, anyone who wants to help North Korean refugees as well as those still blocked from freedom by the North Korean leaders.
No obligation to remain the entire time, 10,000 won admission so come and leave when you want.