TNKR Senior Fellow Tony Docan-Morgan and Assistant Director Dave Fry stopped by today to help TNKR co-directors Eunkoo Lee and Casey Lartigue get prepared for their TEDx Talks next week. That begs the question: Can you teach an old dog new tricks?
In one corner, Professor Docan-Morgan has been teaching public speaking and communication for 15 years, so this is old hat for him.
In the other corner, TNKR co-founder Casey Lartigue, who has been giving public speeches for about 17 years. He certainly has many bad habits that it will be tough to unteach by September 9. If you want to watch me fall off the TEDx stage next weekend, be sure to reserve your tickets in advance.
So many updates today:
- Korea Times column by Deputy Managing Editor Park Yoon-bae about TNKR’s 6th English speech contest.
- Daily Mail and Yahoo Australia articles featuring TNKR Special Ambassador Eunhee Park.
- TNKR recommended by Digital Soju as a way to help NK refugees.
- International Volunteer Workshop being co-hosted by TNKR, the Hana Foundation and NAUH.
- ViperTech donating 20% of proceeds from its cultural events.
- BH Entertainment posted a photo from TNKR’s English Speech Contest.
- TNKR co-founder Casey Lartigue has set up a $1,000 Matching Grant challenge to celebrate his birthday.
Youngmin Kwon tutored for three hours at the TNKR office today. We had to kick to the middle room today so we could do prep for TEDx.