Teach North Korean Refugees was founded in March 2013. Since then, we have held 34 sessions matching more than 180 refugees with more than 280 volunteers.
Yesterday we held a lively session:
–12 volunteer tutors.
–9 volunteer helpers
In talking later, the main things we heard from tutors:
* wish I had more time to tutor more refugees
* honored to be joining TNKR.
* * *
The main things we heard from refugees:
* thankful to have so many volunteers ready to help them.
* this is the best program they have been in because they have the freedom to choose their tutors.
* One refugee said it was her first time to have sandwiches with foreigners, to be sitting with so many foreigners at the same time.
* Another said she wants to be taught “strictly.” She welcomes her tutors giving her a lot of homework. This experience has motivated her to volunteer when she has a chance.
* * *
Then there were the other great moments: Read more