Leonard Read, founder of FEE (Foundation for Economic Education), talked about different levels of leadership. The Fourth Level is when people start to seek you out for your counsel. If people aren’t seeking you out, then you can draw your own conclusions about your range of influence.
Although he was talking more about the spreading of ideas rather than real action, I suppose that Mr. Read would have said that we are approaching that 3rd Level of Leadership. We have numerous people coming to us, trying to get involved.
- We have refugees tracking us down even though we don’t do any advertising.
- We have volunteers constantly popping up, locally and from around the world.
- We don’t have a communications team for media, but we still have many requests.
- TNKR has been nominated for and won awards from organizations we have never heard of.
- We are credible enough that I’m constantly sending out recommendation letters for volunteers.
- I don’t consider myself to be much of a mentor, but many people have adopted me as one!
The last few days have been busy so I haven’t had time to update, so here are several in one!