Teach North Korean Refugees will be holding a Track 2 Matching weekend April 1-2. To be eligible to join TNKR as a coach, applicants:
Agree and fulfill the items on the TNKR checklist.
- Properly formatted resume and Completed application (resumes not properly formatted will be rejected).
- ARC/passport/state-level ID (photo or scan)
- TNKR waiver (photo or scan)
- Fundraiser (or clearly propose your own method)
- Kakao friends with Casey Lartigue (“Y2KC” then send a message “Hello, I am a Track 2 applicant with TNKR”)
- Facebook friends with Casey Lartigue
- TNKR Facebook group
Proper resume format, in this order:
3) Availability for coaching: Days, Places, Times
4) Applicable coaching skills (if any)
5) Education background (mention current or latest school)
6) Employment (mention 2 jobs, at most)
7) One-paragraph introduction about yourself and why you want to join TNKR.
8) Contact info (phone number in Korea, Kakao, email)
- One page resume (anything more than a page will be deleted)
- in Word document format (PDFs are NOT accepted)
- 12 point type for main text, your name can be highlighted in 14 point
- We recommend a photo within the one page resume, but not required.
- no fancy formatting, no boxes, plain format, really.
- Be aware that this resume is for refugees to review, so make your pitch to them!
This resume is for refugees to review. Email it to CJL@post.harvard.edu
- March 14 application period starts (send all documents in one email; be prepared for a short in-person interview at the TNKR office)
- March 26 notification of acceptance
- March 31 phone call to get prepared for Orientation and Matching session
After being accepted, applicants agree to attend the mandatory orientation (April 1 at 3 pm) and mandatory Matching session (April 2 at 2 pm).
Coaches will be expected to commit to at least three months, helping refugees develop at least two public speeches. If you can’t commit to at least three months, clearly state that in your application. Half of the sessions can use Skype if the refugee requests it.