On Sunday September 1, TNKR will be holding its 10th English Speech Contest at the Grand Hyatt Hotel.
We are seeking speech coach mentors to help North Korean refugees with writing and public speaking. We will be holding three more orientation sessions within the next few days.
* Orientation #2: May 7 from 7 pm at the TNKR office.
* Orientation #3, May 11 from 5 pm at the TNKR office.
* Orientation #4, May 12 from 5 pm at the TNKR office.
You may attend any of orientation sessions after sending in your application and resume.
Here’s our process for the 10th speech contest:
* Phase 1, mid-May to late June: Writing. North Korean refugees who apply for this will work with 2 writing mentors each. They will have opportunities to improve their writing overall and also work on drafts for the English Speech Contest.
* Phase 2, July to August: Public speaking. North Korean refugees who are accepted will work with 2 speech mentors each to prepare their speeches in preparation for the speech contest.
* Phase 3, September to October: Feedback, Evaluation and Final Drafts and Speeches. In this phase, mentors and refugees will review everything they have done and have final versions. This will be a final opportunities for refugees to work on other aspects of their writing and public speaking.
It isn’t required to participate in all three phases, just choose at least one, and we will continue recruiting.
Learn more about our application process: