On Sunday September 1, TNKR will be holding its 10th English Speech Contest!
* The first orientation for speech coach mentors will be May 5 from 2 pm.
* The second orientation for speech coach mentors will be May 7 from 7 pm.
You may attend either orientation after sending in your application and resume.
TNKR doesn’t open the stage to refugees without preparation. We have a learning process to keep the focus on improving, not just speaking out.
They can build up their confidence, improve their English overall, and deliver better speeches. We are upgrading our process so they will improve even more.
Here’s our process for the 10th speech contest:
* Phase 1, mid-May to late June: Writing. North Korean refugees who apply for this will work with 2 writing mentors each. They will have opportunities to improve their writing overall and also work on drafts for the English Speech Contest.
* Phase 2, July to August: Public speaking. North Korean refugees who are accepted will work with 2 speech mentors each to prepare their speeches in preparation for the speech contest.
* Phase 3, September to October: Feedback, Evaluation and Final Drafts and Speeches. In this phase, mentors and refugees will review everything they have done and have final versions. This will be a final opportunities for refugees to work on other aspects of their writing and public speaking.