Valentine’s Day 1970
North Korea has been breaking hearts and families for decades. The Hwang Won family has been waiting since 1969 for him to be returned from North Korea. He had the misfortune to be one of the 50 people on Korean Air flight YS-11 on December 11, 1969. After international protests, 39 of the 50 passengers were returned to South Korea on Valentine’s Day 1970, but 11 of the people, including Hwang Won, were not allowed to return and have not been able to contact their families.
His son, Hwang Cheol who was 2 years old when his father was kidnapped to North Korea, has been campaigning to have his father and the others returned. Tomorrow Mr. Hwang will holding a press conference in the morning then an event at the TNKR office to raise awareness about this case. You can’t change the world, but you can let Mr. Hwang know that you support his effort in having his father returned.
What can you do?
* Attend either event tomorrow.
* Sign the petition that will be unveiled tomorrow.
* Contact us at TNKR to join Mr. Hwang’s campaign (070-4006-0942).
* Read about YS-11, then share the information to inform others.
* Check his Website to learn more about this case. http://bringmyfatherhome.org/
* Watch and share this TBS eFM report about our 2016 rally to raise awareness.
Here’s the agenda for tomorrow’s gathering at the TNKR office (Gwangheung
PROGRAM (Feb. 14, 2:00 pm; TNKR Office)
(1) Opening: Hwang In-Cheol (The significance of the event, i.e., The partial return of the 39 KAL abductees)
(2) Watch newsclip (“Daehan News 764- Return of 39 KAL Passengers”) https://youtu.be/-2Bc9L-jbvQ
(3) Speaker 1: Kim Seok-Woo, Former Vice Unification Minister (* Introduced by Mr. Hwang)
(4) Speaker 2: Casey Lartigue, TNKR International Director (* Introduced by Mr. Hwang)
(5) Speaker 3: Hwang In-Cheol
(6) Petition intro (Young-Min Kwon)
(7) Signing Ceremony (* Signed first by Mr. Kim Seok-Woo)
(8) Speaker 4: Professor Kim Seok-Hyang (* Introduced by Mr. Hwang)
(9) Closing: Hwang In-Cheol & Casey Lartigue
No need to RSVP, but it is nice to know how many people will be joining us.