Join the Teach North Korean Refugees Global Education Center (TNKR), Stepping Stones and the KAL Abductees’ Repatriation Committee (KALARC) on January 6, 2018 from 2 pm as we hear first-hand accounts about North Korea’s human rights abuses. The full title of this event is “Repatriation, Abductions and Forced Abortions: Stories from North Korea”
* Lee Tae-won, a North Korean refugee whose wife and son were repatriated to North Korea on November 28
* Ji Hyeon-A, a North Korean refugee author who was repatriated to North Korea and a victim of a forced abortion there.
* Hwang Cheol, son of Hwang Won who was abducted by North Korea in 1969.
* Kim Hyeongsoo, co-founder of Stepping Stones based in the UK and a North Korean refugee whose mother died in a prison camp after being repatriated.
* Tony Docan-Morgan, professor of Communication at the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse
* Casey Lartigue Jr. and Eunkoo Lee, co-founders of TNKR
All Korean speeches will be translated into English and there will be a brief translation of English comments into Korean.
LOCATION: Shinsu-dong Community Center, Seoul (Gwangheungchang subway, line 6, walk straight for 2 minutes)
(행사장소: 서울시 마포구 독막로 192 신수동주민센터 4층 강당)
From Gwang heung chang subway line 6, exit 4 (two stops from Hapjeong, six stops from Itaewon).
Walk straight for about two minutes, it will be on your right. Photos and more precise directions coming soon.
An intern will be at the subway at 1:40 to escort guests.
TNKR volunteers and donors: 10,000 won (can bring 1 free guest)
Non-TNKR volunteers and donors, 15,000 won (can bring 1 free guest)
At the door: 20,000 won
Email CJL@alumni.harvard.edu with the name of your guest (this is available as long as seats are available)
TNKR Bank account: TNKR Bank account in Korea
(Woori Bank) 1005-802-774890