Are you passionate about helping others? Do you want to make a difference in the Korean community? Are you seeking a new and rewarding experience? If so, then we would like to hear from you!
Before becoming a TNKR volunteer, applicants are required to attend both an orientation and a matching session. Information about upcoming events, including orientations and matching sessions, can be found on our Events page. Based on feedback, refugees say they prefer longer term connections with tutors, at least:: 3-month commitment, tutoring or coaching at least twice a month, with each session lasting at least 90 minutes.
TNKR’s volunteer program is divided into two parts: Track 1 and Track 2. To learn more about the Tracks, and to decide which volunteering opportunity is right for you, see the descriptions below. Also, be sure to check out a few introductory videos at the TNKR YouTube channel.
Our sessions scheduled for January 2019:
* January 5, Orientation from 5 pm
* January 12, Orientation from 2 pm
* January 13, Orientation from 2 pm
* January 20, Matching (invitation only) from 2 pm
* January 5, Track 2 Orientation from 2 pm
* January 6, Track 2 Orientation from 5 pm
* January 9, Track 2 Matching (offline)
Volunteer Leadership Academy
* January 6, VLA Open House from 2 pm